Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Escape; Part 3

Soon I grew weary of circus life. It was a rather boring circus anyway. What kind of circus is based around pleasant padded rooms, medications, and constant mind numbing counseling from Doctor Johnston? They never did help me to develop my powers, as I had hoped, but instead insisted that they were all just a figment of my imagination. Further they insisted that my parent really had died in a car accident! I simply don’t understand, why would Gothgora lie to me unless she had some sort of ulterior motive... I simply can’t believe that! Gothgora is kind to me; it was she after all who helped me escape my dungeon in my Aunt and Uncles cupboard giving me the strength to crawl out of that tunnel and into the light of the sun. I think that Doctor Johnston and the staff here at the circus are all in league with he-who-can-be-smelled…Or in other words Lord El Stincko himself! I knew I had to get away from this circus. They had taken care of me, given me food and water, but now that I knew they were in league with El Stincko they couldn’t be trusted. I knew I had to escape without them noticing as well, least they try and stop me. That very night, Gothgora came to me in a dream. She also has powers. She told me of a secret window in the circus that wasn’t wired with any alarms. But she told me that I would need to be fast because they did have cameras watching, watching, watching… The dream ended as I woke with a start. It was now or never! I decided that I had to use my powers to get out though I was woefully untrained. I opened the door to my room and covered my eyes with my hands screaming at the top of my lungs: I’m invisible! I’m invisible! And it worked; no one could see me… I slipped through the shadows of the circus and made my escape. I had to fight off a few of the circus staff with my eyes closed and I did have to find my way to the window practically blind but somehow I made it out safe and sound. The next chapter in my journey had begun…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share with Everyone You Know