Monday, February 13, 2012

Adventures of Mr. Thumb: Hotel in Wyoming Part 2


Mr. Thumb: Hello…

Hotel Room Service: Hello sir what can I do for you today?

Mr. Thumb: Wow, it actually worked, you know I’ve always wanted to see if it would actually work.

Room Service: Well it is a telephone, and you did call room service. What can I do for you?

Mr. Thumb: [Scratching/Rustling] *muttering* how does this strange contraption function. It’s just plastic and metal. [Zap] Ouch! Dang it all…. Witchcraft…. Wires… White fire….

Room Service: Uuuuum Sir? Are you still there?

Mr. Thumb: Yes, I’m still here. I was just trying to figure out how this thing which you call a telephone works. I have a cellphone, you know, but it’s smaller and less complicated than this phone. And all of the telephones at my home were the old kind, you know with the giant wheel with numbers around the edge that you have to spin all the way around to dial. Ney, never have I seen a phone such as this. So Beautiful… So many buttons and tiny lights.

Room Service: Well I suppose it works the same ways as your cell phone functions, with electricity.

Mr. Thumb: Electricity huh? Fascinating…

Room Service: I can see if I can find a telephone users guide if you want me to…

Mr. Thumb: Wonderful idea Dee Dee, that would be great.

Room Service: My name isn’t Dee Dee…

Mr. Thumb: Do you know where I’ve been for the last week?! I’ve been stuck up in a tree with nobody to keep me company but squirrels. The whole experience has caused me serious emotional trauma, and for me to reconsider my life. Anyway, the police and fire department finally show up, but by that time I couldn’t even feel my arms. Well let’s just say I’m grateful for the officer who broke my fall… Now I’m making my way back home in a journey that is likely to be epic. I’ve had so many adventures already. I never thought I’d have the opportunity to see a real live bear up close before. He wasn’t too friendly though, he tried to eat my face off I think. And now I’m here! Wherever here is.

Room Service: This is a hotel, in Wyoming.

Mr. Thumb: Oh, go figure.

Room Service: Is this some kind of stupid joke?

Mr. Thumb: I’m afraid I don’t know many jokes. So if this is a joke, it wouldn’t be a very good one I’m sure.

Room Service: Whatever. What can I get you?!

Mr. Thumb: Good Bye Dee Dee, I’m glad we had this conversation. [BEEP]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share with Everyone You Know